Pork and apples are a marriage made in heaven. This best slow cooker pork chops with apples recipe brings these two ingredients together in perfect harmony. This particular version is so so delicious, my kids loved it. If you don’t have pork chops you could just as easily make this with pork shoulder or cubed pork loin and it would taste great too.
You will need a nice big pan to brown the meat and get it all covered in the flour at the same time which will make the sauce thicker. If you can’t make a smooth paste with the flour, add a bit of the stock to start you off.
I love store cupboard recipes like this one. It really doesn’t matter how fresh your apples are. In fact, it’s a great opportunity to use up a couple that have passed their best. You would never know the difference!
If you are not ready to eat your delicious meal at the end of the cooking time make sure you keep it warm safely.
- 50ml sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 4-6 boneless pork chops
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 300ml chicken stock
- 300ml dry cider
- 1 teaspoon of dried sage
- salt and pepper
- 2 dessert apples peeled and sliced
- 1. Heat the oil in a large pan
- 2. Add the onion slices to the pan and fry gently for 5 minutes
- 3. Add the pork chops and fry until browned
- 4. Sprinkle over the flour and stir to form a smooth paste
- 5. Gradually add the stock and the cider and bring up to a gentle simmer stirring constantly
- 6. Cook for 1 minute
- 7. Transfer to the slow cooker and stir in the sage and seasoning
- 8. Add the chopped apples
- 9. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 719Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 156mgSodium: 365mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 58g
The nutritional values in this recipe are an estimate.
Loved this? Why not check out my Easy Slow Cooker Chicken and Lentil Tandoori Curry.