If your oven is broken, or you don't want to put it on just for some potatoes, then I have the solution.
Cook them on the stove instead.
Yes, it is possible to get your potatoes nice and crispy without roasting them in an oven!
I love this pan-fried method because for one, you can roast them without an oven, and two, you don't need to do any parboiling. So, it's actually quicker than using your oven.
I sometimes use affiliate links. When you click these links and make a purchase, I may get a small commission. It won’t cost you anything but it helps me to run this site.
Before we get to the recipe, there is also an option to slow-cook them too:
How to slow cook roast potatoes
As well as stove cooking, you can also slow cook your roast potatoes.
I had no idea this was possible until I learned about it here.
If you have time to spare, it turns out slow-cooking is a fantastic way to roast your potatoes.
- Cut your peeled potatoes into medium chunks.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Strain off the water and let the potatoes dry.
- Meanwhile, set the slow cooker to high and add some olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, toss your potatoes in it.
- Place a tea-towel under the slow-cooker lid*.
- Cook on high for four hours, turning the potatoes twice during cooking so that they crisp up evenly.
*The tea towel helps the potatoes to crisp up.