Are you looking for a way to keep your home clean and healthy without breaking the bank or using harsh chemicals?
Homemade dusting sprays are a great option. Not only are they easy to make with common household ingredients, but they are also a safe and natural alternative to store-bought options, and just as effective too.
I love making my own natural cleaning sprays, and this one is a favorite of mine.
I sometimes use affiliate links. When you click these links and make a purchase, I may get a small commission. It won’t cost you anything but it helps me to run this site.
Why make your own dusting spray?
Using a homemade dusting spray is a great way to keep your home clean and free of dust without using harsh chemicals.
I’m guessing that if you want to make your own dusting spray then you are already sold on the benefits! But here is a quick rundown in case you are on the fence.
Here are all the yummy benefits of making your own dusting spray:
- Natural Ingredients. I love being creative with natural ingredients, such as vinegar, olive oil, and essential oils. These ingredients are safe to use and do not contain any harmful chemicals.
- Cost-Effective. Making your own is much cheaper than buying commercial products. Most of the ingredients are readily available and affordable.
- Customizable. You can use different essential oils to create a unique scent, or adjust the amount of ingredients to suit your cleaning needs.
- Effective. I find that homemade is just as effective as commercial products.
- Environmentally Friendly. Reduce your carbon footprint and help to protect the planet by reusing bottles and using ingredients you already have around your home.
Tips and tricks for using your homemde dusting spray
Using your homemade dusting spray is a great way to keep your home clean and dust-free.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your dusting spray:
- Shake well before using. Before using your dusting spray, make sure to shake the bottle well to ensure that all the ingredients are mixed properly.
- Use on almost any surface. This homemade spray is perfect for dusting almost any surface, especially floors like carpets and hardwood. Plus, it does a fantastic job on walls and ceilings too, making your home dust-free and fresh.
- Use it with a microfiber cloth. To get the best results, use a microfiber cloth to wipe down your surfaces.
- Test on a small area first. If you’re using a new dusting spray recipe, it’s a good idea to test it on a small area first to make sure it doesn’t damage your furniture or surfaces.
- Avoid using on electronics. Sprays like this one can damage electronics. I recommend a dry microfiber cloth for those and some isopropyl alcohol.
- Use sparingly. A little goes a long way. Use a small amount to avoid leaving behind a greasy residue.
- Store in a cool, dry place. Your spray will last for a long-time if you store it in a cool, dry spot away from direct sunlight and heat sources. A cabinet, shelf, or closet near the floor is perfect since they’re less exposed to sunlight or heat.
- For extra cleaning power: Add a couple of drops of dish soap.
- For great dust-busting: Replace the oil with one tablespoon of fabric softener. This will repel dust, and you won't have to dust again so quickly.